Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sex or No Sex?

Ahhh, yes. The fountain of youth. The secret to longevity. Who doesn't want in on such hot news?

Apparently the secret lies in sex, but that's where it gets complicated. I ran into this article about Clara Meadmore, a 105-year-old virgin in the UK. She claims her long life is a result of complete, untainted celibacy. This made me think of Harvard Professor Walter Willett, who stated in 2002 that the key to a long and healthy life is Greek cuisine and plenty of sex.

Personally, and I am willing to bet that almost
everyone is with me on this, I prefer option b. A life without Greek food and sex? Scary.

Who are you more inclined to believe - the 105-year-old virgin who is still living her
long life, or the Harvard Professor with all of his research? What is the key to longevity - sex or no sex?

(images from flybenji.org, teamsugar.com and menumagazine.co.uk)

1 comment:

  1. I'm inclined to believe the prof. I've done a number of "what your real age vs. your chronological age" tests, and they ALWAYS include questions about the number of orgasms you have regularly. On these, more orgasms = younger. It also just makes evolutionary sense; why make the thing that is supposed to perpetuate your species something that will lead to its diminution?

    ReplyDelete