Friday, October 31, 2008

The Muppet Felon

I am not sure how this works elsewhere, but when you see a quick, small flash of red on your right whilst driving in Germany, you have been photographed speeding. Within the following six months you would receive a letter outlining your fines and/or points of Flensburg (home of the national database of traffic violations), complete with your picture and a form you can send in if you believe that the person in the picture is not you. Hubby received on of these in September. He is pictured quite clearly, scratching his nose **lol** . I was sitting beside him, but I was blurred out.


Someone driving a British car in Bavaria has had a bit of fun with these speeding cameras. A life-sized Muppet doll (most likely Animal) was placed on the front passenger seat - the driver's seat in continental Europe - and was caught driving 155 kph in a 120 kph zone of the autobahn.

I initially found this funny, but apparently the driver has done the same thing for several traffic cameras. This showed that the driver knew the authorities cannot pursue him/her because of the foreign license plate. Potentially endangering others on the road for the sake of a joke - not funny.

5 comments:

  1. Ughhh! I hate these, they have these in Arizona where I live. I've never been caught on one but my husband has. It's lovely that they lower the speed limit wherever they put a new one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, thanks for adding me in your blogroll! I added you to mine as well, because I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have to say that I think that "guy" AKA Mupet man was actually me driving during my last trip to Germany.
    It was a really bad hair and make-up day.

    And I wanted to send you this link below, thought you'd enjoy:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/sarahpalin/3367321/Sarah-Palin-caught-out-with-call-from-spoof-French-president.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS tried to post a comment on your photos on your other blog, but can't seem to make it work. Anyway, lovely photos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWC - Lol! I can only imagine how your hair must look now with a newborn at home =) And thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete