Sunday, January 10, 2010

An expat in my home country

I know I have not posted in a while. For anyone out there who still reads this, here is a short update:

  • I was visiting my family in Mississauga in October when my father was murdered.
  • Hubby and I have decided to move back to Mississauga.
  • My children and I have moved in with my mother.
  • Hubby helped me bring the kids to Canada, but is now back in Berlin because of work. We do not know when he can move back, yet.
In trying to cope with the stresses of grief and a sudden trans-Atlantic move, I have decided to try my hand at blogging again. I am not going to elaborate on the details of the murder - I do not feel ready to do so in such a public forum.

If you, my reader, are still there, I look forward to sharing my wacky experiences as an expat in my home country with you.





3 comments:

  1. cannot imagine how difficult the last few months have been for you. Very much hope that things are getting better and that your transatlantic life will bring you moments of joy.

    I'm glad that you're blogging again though - as I have you in my favourites and had missed your updates! (I'm by nature more of a lurker than a commenter ...)

    Greetings from a cold, snowy Düsseldorf,

    PJMel
    (pyjamamel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words and well wishes, pyjamamel. I wish it were still cold and snowy here. I love snow =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss and for the turmoil it has brought your family. I hope that you are finding peace and healing.

    Writing is quite therapeutic and I'm glad to see you back here. I always enjoyed your posts.

    Best wishes,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete