Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I feel sorry for Adolf Hitler…

...and that is surely not an easy thing for me to say. I am actually referring to Adolf Hitler Campbell. He is a three-year-old boy who was denied his name on a birthday cake at ShopRite. (I would have refused to inscribe the cake as well.)

I feel sorry for him and his two sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie. As long as they keep these names, these children will be branded by their parents’ small and hateful minds. Whether or not they believe in Nazi ideology in their adult lives, they will be equated with one of the world’s worst hate crimes.

You can be sure that these children will never have a chance for a decent job. Just imagine: A newspaper headline “Adolf Hitler new Director of Communications at XYZ Inc”. How about your child running home from school saying that their new history teacher is Adolf Hitler?

I sincerely hope that these children will have the chance to grow past their parents’ limited mental capacity. For Pete’s sake, they could not even get Himmler’s name right (for Adolf’s sister)!

Photo source: AP

4 comments:

  1. What I find amazing is that they were even able to register those names... you would not get that far in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some sick, sick people in this world.

    It seems I read an article in the last year or so that Germany (maybe) had just denied parents the right to name their child Adolf Hitler. Maybe we should outlaw stupidity here?

    I actually gave my son permission to marry at 14, because there was a girl in his class named Holly Wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are very strict rules against anything Nazi-related in Germany. Not only is it not permitted to name your child Adolf (if your last name is Hitler), or Aryan, etc., but you cannot even mirror anything Nazi-related on your license plate. Letter-combinations such as SS, SA (the predecessor to the SS), and HJ (official abbreviation of the Hitler Youth Org.) fall under this verbot.

    Did Holly have a middle name? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing "The boy in the striped pajamas" I am even more sickened by these people. Disgusting, hateful, ignorant, I could go on and on...
    It is good to know that Germany has the sense to put these people in there place.

    ReplyDelete