Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A bittersweet day...

...Not because Bush is leaving office, though. That's the sweet part of the day. The only thing bringing my mood down today is the burial of my mother-in-law's dog, Bijou. Even though she was not our dog, we all still loved her as a part of our family. As much as this hurts us, today is not the day to blog on the loss.

Like much of the rest of the world, my home is filled with the voices of reporters covering Obama's inauguration: depending on where I am, CNN on television, and NPR on the radio. My poor toddlers are confused as to why they are denied their daily time playing on Kids' CBC (confused, but not upset - they happily went to their rooms to play with their legos). I am as excited today as I was when Angela Merkel was sworn in as the first female German Chancellor. Now, if you would kindly excuse me, I have got to get the rest of my chores and errands accomplished in time to witness history in the making!

2 comments:

  1. Watch for me too! I'm at work and will be lucky to get the actual swearing in. I will be trying to stream the video though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the streaming! I must say that I am curious about the general mood where you are (where most people are Republican). Are you able to perhaps incorporate the swearing in during a lunch break?

    ReplyDelete